Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Barcelona I - Gypsy Pickpocket


We arrived in Barcelona on Sunday night and have been having an incredible time. There are tons of great sights to see and the food is absolutely incredible. On the negative side, I (Jon) was almost pickpocketed today on the subway!

Kristi and I were riding the Metro on the way to La Rambla when a girl (around 18 years old) walked onto the train carrying a jacket on her arm. She then started to push her body against mine and inched closer and closer to me (on a somewhat uncrowded train). I then felt a hand very close to my body and then inside my pocket. Now, while the above chain of events likely would have been a turn-on to a single man and could have resulted in a date (or more), as a happily married man, I was not interetsed in a game of pocket pool and I became quite concerned. I slapped the girl's hand and she quickly exited the train. I then yelled out "pickpocket", but she had already departed the station. While I can only assume that she was a gypsy, this conclusion is a bit stereotypical, so I can only state that she was around 18 years old and not of high moral standards.

I would also like to send a direct message to this would-be pickpocket (I don't believe that she has subscribed to this blog but figure that there is a small chance she reads it).
GYPSY (OR GYPSY-ESQUE GIRL): DO NOT TRY TO PICKPOCKET ME AGAIN. THIS WOULD REALLY PISS ME OFF AND CREATE A LOT OF UNNECESSARY STRESS. IF I SEE YOU AGAIN, I WILL CALL THE TRANSIT POLICE AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ESCAPE. WATCH OUT!!

Otherwise, all is well and we will keep everyone updated on our Barcelona adventures.

Cheers,

Jon

1 comment:

  1. Love the gypsy girl photo. Good thing you are quicker at hand than she is. Must be the baseball experience you have had.

    ReplyDelete